The most common type of water filter is the pitcher filter. Water is filled into a jug and runs through a replaceable filter cartridge. That sounds practical and requires little effort.
However, pitcher filters do more harm than good, because pitcher filters are
The manufacturers of jug filters advertise that the products treat and improve the water. At its core, the ion exchangers contained in the filter remove calcium and magnesium from the water and release sodium. Your water is freed from healthy ingredients and enriched with salt.
Can filter cartridges can contaminate and release bacteria that are harmful to humans into the water if they stand at room temperature for a long time.
It takes 6-7 minutes to filter one liter of water. Far too slow to use for boiling water or washing fruit. It's also too slow to replace the typical need for bottled water.
A filter cartridge costs about 5 EUR and filters a maximum of 100 liters of water. However, this is only an estimate by the manufacturer and cannot be verified.
Can filters are always standing around in the kitchen on the worktop or in the fridge. They take up space that you actually need for other things in your kitchen.
Filter cartridges are made of plastic and must be disposed of at least every 4 weeks. In addition, can filter cartridges contain large amounts of microplastics in the form of ion exchange resin.
If you really want to improve the quality of your drinking water, there is only one solution:
- The HYPRO WATER is a combination of activated carbon filtration and UV disinfection
- Connected directly to your drinking water pipe in the kitchen, it's fast, practical and always ready.
- The filter performance has been tested and independently certified by leading international institutes.
Turn your tap water into perfect drinking water
- The HYPRO not only filters pollutants, but disinfects the water with environmentally friendly UV light according to industrial standards.
- A single filter cartridge safely treats 2000 liters of water.
- With sensors and app control, you always have an overview of the technical condition of the HYPRO.